IB Consultancy is looking for a dynamic manager to lead the sales team and the marketing and communication activities of the company.
IB Consultancy is an independent defense and security company dedicated to making this world a safer and more secure place. To achieve this we provide rapid, innovative defense and security services to government, trade & industry. We connect businesses, governments and NGOs from different continents in our common goal to make this world safer and more secure.
IB Consultancy organizes the NCT (Non-Conventional Threat) events, which are organized in six different regions (SE Asia, Asia-Pacific, Europe, USA, South America and Middle East). The NCT events are the global market leader in conferences and exhibitions in the field of CBRNe (Chemical, Biological and Radiological and Nuclear) and eXplosive (C-IED, EOD and demining). We also help industry and governments with specialized CBRNe knowledge in the form of research projects, focused groups and consultancy engagements.
You will be working within an international team of highly educated and talented program producers and skilled consultants at our office in Leiden (between Amsterdam and The Hague) in The Netherlands. IB Consultancy has an informal and flat organizational structure. Do not expect us to take you by the hand and tell you what to do. If you ask for help, you will get it, but it is your responsibility to deliver what you promised to produce!
Although the majority of the sales efforts are on event sales, IB Consultancy also bids on government contracts for services (such as research consultancy), and sometimes bids with partners on complex projects that include equipment, services and training.
- Manage a sales team of approximately 4 sales consultants
- Sell sponsorship and exhibition packages to companies to attend our NCT events
- Develop an understanding of the defense and security sector (specifically CBRNe and EOD/C-IED) to meet the needs of customers and build strong relationships
- Manage and increase the database through content driven research and new leads generation
- Generate new leads through researching, cold calling and marketing campaigns
- Visit other trade shows and conferences to meet with existing or new clients
- Assist on-site when needed at our conferences in Asia, Middle East, Europe, USA and South America
- Manage and develop bids on other projects such as consultancy or equipment
- Develop and execute a Marketing and Communication Plan
- Manage the delivery of marketing materials for our events, social media, newsletter
The ideal candidate is passionate about defense and security, events, sales, marketing, willing to travel internationally, strongly committed and hardworking. He or she is proactive, flexible, pro-active and accurate, also while working under pressure. Working at IB Consultancy takes a highly developed team spirit, while having the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Authorized to work in The Netherlands
- Flexible, proactive, organized, and without a nine-to-five mentality
- You like selling, and you can close deals
- You like working with people, and managing a small sales team is the right step in your career now
- Excellent English language skills
- International experience (study, internships, work etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinking and leadership
- Knowledge of, and experience in, marketing and communication
- Drive and passion for contributing to the growth of the business
- Clear and impactful communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and practical attitude
- Willingness to travel internationally
- No criminal record that could result in refusal of a security clearance (Restricted level).
- Preferably 5 years’ experience in B2B sales with a strong track record of achieving targets
- Preferably 2 years’ experience in marketing management
- Ideally you are familiar with the Defense and Security industry, or have at least knowledge of the field of International relations/business
- Although not required, we would prefer a candidate who speaks one (or more) of the following languages at a good level: Spanish, Arabic (Gulf), Chinese, German, French, Korean, Japanese
- Full-time job (part-time can be discussed)
- Attractive commission structure
The salary is based on experience.
Interested candidates should send an e-mail, ref. ‘Sales & Marketing Manager’, with their full CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com. The submission of short introductory video/video resumes is strongly appreciated. The vacancy will close once the most appropriate candidate is found. Starting date is as soon as possible.
Please check the Required qualities section: candidates who clearly do not match these requirements will be excluded without notice.