IB Consultancy is looking for a dynamic manager to lead the sales team of the company. The role is a combination of a sales role in which you further develop and manage a network of agents and distributors for our new training devices and training business, and in which you lead the team of event sales professionals selling NCT events.
IB Consultancy is an independent defense and security company dedicated to making this world a safer and more secure place. To achieve this we provide rapid, innovative defense and security services to government, trade & industry. We connect businesses, governments and NGOs from different continents in our common goal to make this world safer and more secure.
IB Consultancy organizes the NCT (Non-Conventional Threat) events, which are organized in six different regions (SE Asia, Asia-Pacific, Europe, USA, South America and Middle East). The NCT events are the global market leader in conferences and exhibitions in the field of CBRNe (Chemical, Biological and Radiological and Nuclear) and eXplosive (C-IED, EOD and demining). We also help industry and governments with specialized CBRNe knowledge in the form of research projects, focused groups and consultancy engagements.
In 2023, IB Consultancy will expand its presence in the training market by organizing trainings in the field of CBRNe. IB Consultancy will not have its own trainers, but work with different training companies providing trainings on a joint curriculum. Furthermore although the majority of the sales efforts are on event sales, IB Consultancy will start in 2023 to sell training devices and trainings to government CBRNe and EOD operators. This new market needs to be further developed.
You will be working within an international team of highly educated and talented program producers and skilled consultants at our office in Leiden (between Amsterdam and The Hague) in The Netherlands. IB Consultancy has an informal and flat organizational structure. Do not expect us to take you by the hand and tell you what to do. If you ask for help, you will get it, but it is your responsibility to deliver what you promised to produce!
- Manage a sales team of 4 sales consultants who focus on event sales.
- Sell training devices and training through our network of agents and distributors in Europe.
- Manage the CBRN training portfolio
- Expand the network of agents and distributors in Europe for training devices
- Develop an understanding of the defense and security sector (specifically CBRNe and EOD/C-IED) to meet the needs of customers and build strong relationships
- Manage and increase the database through content driven research and new leads generation
- Visit NCT and other trade shows and conferences to meet with existing or new clients
- Assist on-site when needed at our conferences in Asia, Middle East, Europe, USA and South America
- Together with the marketing team, develop and execute a Marketing and Communication Plan
- Manage the delivery of marketing materials for our events, social media, newsletter
The ideal candidate is passionate about defense and security, events, sales, marketing, willing to travel internationally, strongly committed and hardworking. He or she is proactive, flexible, pro-active and accurate, also while working under pressure. Working at IB Consultancy takes a highly developed team spirit, while having the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- At minimum 5 years experience in a B2B / B2Gov sales role
- You have experience in in the Defense and Security market
- Authorized to work in The Netherlands: IBC will not apply for a working visa
- Flexible, proactive, organized, and without a nine-to-five mentality
- Excellent English language skills
- International experience
- Willingness to relocate to The Netherlands or travel biweekly to The Netherlands
- No criminal record that could result in refusal of a security clearance (Restricted level).
- Preferably 5 years’ experience in B2B sales with a strong track record of achieving targets
- You like selling, and you can close deals
- You like working with people, and managing a small sales team is the right step in your career now
- Ideally you are familiar with the CBRNe/EOD industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Drive and passion for contributing to the growth of the business
- Clear and impactful communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and practical attitude
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Although not required, we would prefer a candidate who speaks one (or more) of the following languages at a good level: Spanish, German, French.
- Full-time job
- Attractive commission structure
The salary is based on experience but would be in the range of EUR 50.000 – 70.000 per year gross excluding bonusses.
Interested candidates should send an e-mail, ref. ‘Sales Manager’, with their full CV and a motivation letter to [email protected]. In addition, we request the submission of short introductory video/video (2-3 minutes). The vacancy will close once the most appropriate candidate is found. Starting date is as soon as possible.
Please check the Required qualities section: candidates who clearly do not match these requirements will be excluded without notice.
For more information about IB Consultancy visit https://nct-events.com