IB Consultancy is looking for an ambitious Conference Programs and Magazine Manager to lead the content creation activities for our events and online magazine.
IB Consultancy is an independent defense and security company dedicated to making this world a safer and more secure place. To achieve this we provide rapid, innovative defense and security services to government, trade & industry. We connect businesses, governments and NGOs from different continents in our common goal to make this world a safer and more secure place.
IB Consultancy organizes the NCT (Non-Conventional Threat) events, which are organized in six different regions (SE Asia, Asia-Pacific, Europe, USA, South America and Middle East). The NCT Events are the global market leader in conferences and exhibitions in the field of CBRNe (Chemical, Biological and Radiological and Nuclear) and eXplosive (C-IED, EOD and demining). We also help industry and governments with specialized CBRNe knowledge in the form of research projects, focused groups and consultancy engagements. In addition to the events and consultancy services, IBC is also the publisher of the NCT Magazine, a monthly online publication dedicated to CBRNe, C-IED/EOD and demining themes.
You will be working within an international team of talented junior and highly skilled senior consultants. IB Consultancy has an informal and flat organizational structure. We will set goals and expect you to reach them. Do not expect us to take you by the hand and tell you what to do. If you ask for help, you will get it, but it is your responsibility to deliver what you promised to produce.
The Conference Programs and Magazine Manager’s tasks will include:
- Researching potential themes and topics for our conference programs and online Magazine
- Overseeing the editorial calendar of the online magazine and managing the delivery of internal and external authors’ submissions
- Editing articles
- Managing/executing the invitation process for conference speakers and magazine authors
- Managing and executing the conference programs development of the NCT Events
- Liaise with the Sales/Marketing Manager to produce content for brochures, websites, newsletters…
- Deliver a complete digital magazine issue each month
- Managing/executing the administrative process related to conference speakers arrangements
- Work closely with the Director of Governmental Affairs to ensure content (magazine and conferences) relevancy and consistency
- Contribute to the work of the Sales Team in selling event sponsorship/exhibition packages and magazine advertisements
- Contact potential speakers and make arrangements
- Contact potential delegates to join the event
The ideal candidate is passionate about defense and security, events, editorial work, willing to travel internationally, strongly committed and hardworking. He or she is proactive, flexible, pleasant and accurate, also while working under pressure. Working at IB Consultancy takes a highly developed team spirit, while having the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Authorized to work in The Netherlands
- 1-2 Years of working experience in conference programs, editorial work or security and defense research
- Excellent proficiency in the English language, and preferably able to speak another language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and practical attitude
- Strong analytical skills, a curious mind and being creative at the same time (out of the box thinking)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages
- Graduated in a relevant field of study at a Masters’ level
- Have international experience
- No criminal record that could result in refusal of a security clearance (Restricted level).
- Ideally you are familiar with the Defense and Security industry, or CBRNe specifically, or have at least knowledge of the field of International relations
- Although not required, we would prefer a candidate who speaks one (or more) of the following languages at a good level: Spanish, Arabic (Gulf), Chinese, German, French, Korean, Japanese
- Full-time job (part-time can be discussed)
The salary is based on experience.
Interested candidates should send an e-mail, ref. ‘Conference Programs and Magazine Manager’, with their full CV (including relevant activities, papers, travel and picture) and a motivation letter to email@example.com. The submission of short introductory video/video resumes is strongly appreciated. The vacancy will close once the most appropriate candidate is found. Starting date is as soon as possible.
Please check the Required qualities section: candidates who clearly do not match these requirements will be excluded without notice.